Wednesday 23 November 2011

Do You Know? An inspirational Song by Diana Ross is great reminder of all times.





I had the pleasure of watching Diana Ross "live" in concert when I attended my International Realtors Conference in Anaheim. The concert was held at Anaheim Convention Centre, Los Angeles, USA on 13th November 2011.



She sounds the same as ever in her dynamic voice. Her stardom never stop to amaze the audience. She was good at interaction with the audience too.

One of my all-time favourite song is when she sang "Do you know".

I would like to share with everyone in depth of the meaning of this lyrics.
I must give credit to the song writer and the lyricist for this great song.
Simple yet meaningful.

Lyrics:
Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you?
Where are you going to? do you know?
Do you get what you're hoping for?
When you look behind you there's no open door What are you hoping for?
Do you know?

Once we were standing still in time
Chasing the fantasies that filled our minds You knew i loved you, but my spirit was free Laughing at the question that you once ask me

Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you?
Where are you going to? do you know?

Now, looking back in all we pass
We've let so many dreams just slip through our hands Why must we wait so long before we see How sad the answers to those questions can be?

Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you?
Where are you going to? do you know?
Do you get what you're hoping for?
When you look behind you there's no open door What are you hoping for?
Do you know?

My thoughts on the verses:
On the very first line: "Do you know where you're going to?"
In our life, what we must have is a GOAL in life to set us going. This very question is asking what we want. Where we are going to actually means YOUR GOAL !

"Do you like the things that life is showing you?" - is a reflection of your life, your past and current life whether you like it or not? This is like playing back your life video and needs editing if you don't like any part of it.... Make AMENDS !

However I would like to add, our life is like a MOVIE that you can set to direct it the way you want to be. The Universe is a stage. We are the actors. And certainly you must be your own DIRECTOR of your own movie ! Play it in your MIND whatever you want your life to be. The power of affirmation is amazingly true. Believe in YOURSELF before others can Believe in you. (hmmm do I sound like any of those motivational speakers?)

You know, having going through life roller coaster, I must say that my personal experience has been the best education I had.

I am constantly learning from my past and certainly from others too. Education should be a life-long journey till our deathbed.

So enjoy every moments in life. Cherish every seconds that comes to us for we can never get it back.

Lots of love from your
Lovely Motivational Speaker
Roza Sure Bagus
Singapore 23rd November 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment